Monday, March 26, 2012

Me and my Farm

Author's Note: In our literature group, we were asked to come up with a story using the words in bold below. I tried to be creative and using the words to be funny and sensible at the same time.

I was in the kitchen at the time I had my face in my bowl of Cookie Crisps. I had woken to the sound of my pet platypus. I rose from my chair laughing silently at myself. I lived in Palmyra, New York, and owned I small farm, complete with an alpaca and a few llamas. I had to feed them each day, biking out to their pen early in the morning while eating an orange

Sometimes I had to bring a hammer and some other tools to fix my old, rotting wooden fence. Because it was so hot out, I had to wear a tank top, but even so I had a ghostly look on my face at the end of the day from my hard work on the farm. My fluffy llamas were so cute, with their pudgy faces snuffling against my hand tickling me, especially the old one, Rosalie.

We’d occasionally get some lightning, and that’s why I had to build a shelter to keep them safe.
I learned that the hard way, and the first time it happened I had to bring them into my tiny one car garage and had to move out my rusty old Subaru Outback into the waterfall of rain. The raining usually started in March and continued on through the end of May.

I didn’t really have a life, but I was happy single. My job was largely horrible, and my boss was a cruel person. During my lunch break, I’d go to the Krusty Crab and get a delicious Krabby Patty from grumpy old Squidward.

I was Jewish, and so I sometimes celebrated Hanukkah. It was fun celebrating with my family, going out to Connecticut and spending time with them. My life is a happy one, and even though others may dispute it, I’m perfectly fine with just me and Rosalie on my farm.

5 comments:

  1. I thought it was a bit random, but some parts made sense. I liked how you incorporated all of the words in the piece also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Matthew, It was random but so were the words that were given to you. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you used each vocabulary word well. Some of the story was alittle random though. Although, the vocabulary words we recieved were hard to use. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you were very descriptive, and I could tell what you were trying to say. It was a little random at times, and you did well with the words that you were given.
    ~Redmon

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a lot of description in this piece. I fell that the last paragraph was random just because you were having lunch and then talking about how you were Jewish and how you celebrate Hanukkah. Great Job

    ReplyDelete